TALLERES MERCIER, S.A.
The French Engineer Jean Mercier set-up in 1870 a Foundry Company in the center of the city of Zaragoza, Spain. The founder´s son Ramón converted it in 1915 into a limited company under the name of Talleres Mercier, moving its activity to Anselmo Clavé Street on the outskirts of the city, creating the engineering department and expanding its manufacturing capacity with welding, machining and assembly workshops.
With own engineering and under license agreements, Mercier took part in the industrial development of our country manufacturing machinery for Sugar Factories, Paper Mills, Cement and Steam Boilers.
During the last decades of the XX century, Mercier became internationalized exporting its products worldwide and manufacturing Gas Turbine and Exceptional Building components, among others.
Due to the high quality and performance of its products, Mercier reached a well-known national and international industrial reputation.
In 2005 Mercier decided to transfer its industrial activity to the following own companies:
- Mercier Ingeniería y Fabricaciones, S.L.U. (Mercier Infa).
- Mecanotécnica, S.L.U.
- Mercier Wessel, S.L.U.
- Mercier Montajes, S.L.U.
- Mercier Servicios de Gestión, S.L.U.